Terms of business for the bungalow

It is our intention that you enjoy our holiday bungalow with as little fuss involved as possible, the following terms and conditions are in place to protect us and our belongings together with our ability to provide all users of the bungalow with these facilities.

We therefore require you to respect our property and belongings and allow us to provide the same standards to all users of our bungalow.

By booking the bungalow you agree by these terms and conditions.

1 Making a booking

Please use the email link or alternatively contact us by phone to check availability. We will then register the period as provisionally booked for a period of 7 working days awaiting a completed booking form together with a deposit of 25% on receipt the booking will then be confirmed on the website. The remaining 75% will be due six weeks before the requested period. Bookings made within six weeks of commencement will require 100% payment.
Should we not receive full payment six weeks prior to holiday commencement; We reserve the right to re-let and retain the deposit if not re-let.

2 Cancellations by the hirer

Cancellations made prior to six weeks of commencement will be refunded with exception of the deposit which will be returned should the property be re-let.

Naturally we advise that your own cancellation insurance is purchased at the time of booking.

3 Payments

Payments are accepted either by cheque, made out to 'Mr & Mrs C D Harrison' or bank transfer into the following account
(52-21-11 21575444) with a reference of the hirer.
Example 52-21-11 21575444 Mr A Smith

4 Cancellations or changes by the owner

Should circumstances arise whereby we have to cancel your booking we will refund any payments made by you.

5 Occupation of the bungalow

The bungalow will be available from 3:30 pm on the day of commencement and must be vacated by 10:00 am on the day of departure. This gives time for cleaning and garden maintenance.

We may send you directions to the property and details regarding key collection should we not be able to greet you once receipt of the balance of the rental has been received

Only those persons notified to us on booking are permitted to sleep at the property; the bungalow only being set up for a maximum of 4 occupants.

The bungalow is in a rural location with farmland adjacent which on occasions includes farm machinery and animals and their noises & smells!

Smoking is not permitted within the bungalow.

A pet is allowed if notified on the booking form.

6 What is included in the cost

Bed linen and towels are provided.

All electricity (heating & cooking) is covered by the rental. One basket of wood is provided for use in the wood burner, any further supplies can be purchased locally by the hirer.

7 Damage

All damage or breakages are the responsibility of the hirer and must be replaced [of equal quality] or made good before departure. The bungalow should be left in a clean and tidy state; however should additional cleaning be incurred we reserve the right to pass on these costs to the hirer.

Please read the “Welcome Book” provided in the bungalow which includes instruction manuals for appliances.

8 Our liability to you

Our intention is to provide suitable accommodation and equipment for your stay we are conscious that we will never be able to provide everything to everyone’s tastes and therefore should there be any faults that occur we expect that you notify us as soon as reasonably practicable so that the matter can be put right.

If we are unable to resolve at the time you must write to us giving all relevant information within 28 days, failure to do so may affect your rights.

We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or a member of your party unless, We should have been reasonably expected to have foreseen our negligence in a claim against our contract with you, this contract shall be limited in the aggregate to the price agreed to be paid by you for the right to use the property for the agreed period.

Behaviour

The bungalow is situated in a small residential close and your behaviour whilst at our property should be such that no undue cause for complaints should arise.

If your behaviour in the owner’s reasonable judgement makes your stay untenable you will be asked to leave immediately – no refunds of the fees paid will be returned unless a further let during such period of your booking can take place.

9 Summary

We have set up these conditions as previously stated to protect ourselves and all users of the property however should any of the above conditions be deemed unlawful or void by a court then as far as practicable the contract remains effective as a whole.

It is not intended that any third party should have the right to enforce any of these terms of business under the contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.